Forum Index -> Freezer -> Problem
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Vic
September 9, 2008, 7:55:42 AM
HI, thanks for the app. It work great. But I noticed after I freeze an app, the WindowServer will use a lot of CPU power. E.G. before Firefox, use 70% of CPU power and WindowServer only use like 5%. But after I freeze Firefox, FF use 0% but WindowServer will use ~50%. So it is kinda defect the purpose of the Freeze. This exact problem also happen in similar application like StopStart and AppStop. Any idea how to solve the problem? thanks Vic

Mr. Gecko
September 9, 2008, 3:22:24 PM
My guess is that WindowServer is trying to get about 50% of your processor but when Firefox is in use, it can't use it because your focusing on Firefox so when you freeze Firefox it will get that processor back.

Mr. Gecko
September 14, 2008, 12:53:36 PM
I found that clearing the logs folder, /var/log/, makes it so WindowServer doesn't take that much processor.
To clear it. Use the go menu to go to folder and type in /var/log/. Move everything in that folder to the trash, Especially asl.db, reboot and empty the trash.

R Fattaleh
February 21, 2009, 10:59:44 AM
Freezer keeps crashing; wish it would work; I go to the menu to implement some thing and it disappears; MBP 10.4.11

Mr. Gecko
February 21, 2009, 12:05:31 PM
I know about that problem, what it is is that there is a leak with NSTask, So to fix it, I'll have to make a work around to NSTask.

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh