Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

tBot
February 28, 2011, 1:34:20 AM
So im almost there. I have had my google voice number set up for a while, and have it forwarded to my iphone but i also use it inside the gmail window. I really like voice mac. i set up an account with opensips.org but now im at a little bit of a loss as how to configure it all so i can place calls from voice mac. if you have a tutorial or can link me to one im good at directions so i would be very appreciative.

my primary google voice number is through my google apps account. I also have a secondary through a personal gmail account. do i need seperate SIP accounts for both?

I have found the SIP area in prefs, but i am just not sure how to configure. thanks in advance...

Mr. Gecko
February 28, 2011, 2:58:25 AM
You need to:
1. Find a provider.
2. Setup a sip account in the account pane.
3. Set it up as a forwarding number with google voice.
4. You should be done. (If not, I can't help you as most of what I have is in the documentation).

You would probably want to download the latest version of VoiceMac if your using SIP as it has a lot of fixes http://dl.dropbox.com/u/610721/VoiceMac.zip.

Mathew Macabre
October 30, 2012, 8:52:02 AM
About how long should it take to check my credentials? I have been having a helluva time getting it to accept my sip provider, now it is stuck on "checking credentials". Should I close it and start over? I really want this to work! Help!

Mathew Macabre
October 30, 2012, 9:15:21 AM
well, now it's gone through and it times out after only a few seconds. It says "The error we received was "registration timeout". Please go back and correct the problem." What do I do now?!

Mr. Gecko
October 30, 2012, 12:27:17 PM
Sounds like as if there is a problem with your provider or you are using the wrong registrar.

Mathew Macabre
October 30, 2012, 7:15:00 PM
I figured as much. So now what i've done is setup a new SIP account, which works to get past the registration screen. Now it just says "Please wait. Logging In" FOREVER!

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh