Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Feb.2011 Git commits are missing files
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

bm
March 5, 2011, 4:24:43 AM
Greetings.

It seems some header files were added to the VoiceBase source, which didn't get committed to your git repository.

Would you mind pushing them up? They're all imported in MGMUsers.h :

MGMURLBasicHandler.h
MGMFileManager.h
MGMAbout.h
MGMWhitePagesHandler.h

Thanks-
bm

Mr. Gecko
March 5, 2011, 4:41:41 AM
Tomorrow after I figure out what I am suppose to do to include FFmpeg into VoiceMac, I'll commit it along with those headers. I really don't see how I missed them, but it will be there tomorrow.

Mr. Gecko
March 8, 2011, 1:36:02 AM
Took longer than I expected, but I updated with FFmpeg and leak fixes. https://opensource.mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceMac

bm
March 8, 2011, 6:10:08 PM
Thank you, kindly- everything builds.

Btw, here's a few more quirks I noted, solely related to the build-process. I'm using Xcode 4, but the settings should be identical with 3.2.x.

Theme Tester
-> for Theme Tester, under targets > build settings > - language > Release: ...change it to Classes/Theme Tester/Theme Tester_Prefix.pch
-> for Theme Tester, under targets > build settings > packaging > info.plist file > Release: ...change it to Resources/Theme Tester/Info.plist

VoiceBase
-> for VoiceBase, under targets > build phases > link with libraries: ...switch the versioned dylibs for the un-versioned, symlinked dylibs (eg. libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib -> libcrypto.dylib)
-> for VoiceBase, ppc can't be a target architecture when using Xcode4's llvm2/clang

FFMpeg
-> the included tarball has ffmpeg nested one level too deep: ffmpeg/ffmpeg, so the ./install script can't find it.

Mr. Gecko
March 8, 2011, 6:25:31 PM
Theme Tester
I haven't compiled that in a long time so it may have some bugs/problems compiling.

VoiceBase
The only way I was able to compile for 10.4 and up was chainging to libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib, I'm changing back to Xcode3 for compiling as apple told me that they are removing PowerPC support in Xcode4 so I'll probably change it back to just libcrypto as it usually finds the right one when compiled with Xcode3.

FFmpeg
You need to cd into the FFmpeg directory of VoiceMac and run ./install. When I extract ffmpeg.tar.gz using The Unarchiver, it all works fine. I haven't tested with Archive Utility built into OSX. I also noticed that the only way to make it work on 10.4 and up is to compile with 10.4 so I've done that myself and just copied over to my latest operating system. You may have a problem compiling FFmpeg if you have it in a folder that one of it's parent directories has a space or ' in it as I don't know if the FFmpeg compile script adds quotes or not around the path. What I used to do is put it at the root to compile and I made my development directory so it doesn't have quotes or spaces to get to it.

Hope that clears things up and helps you get it compiled,
Mr. Gecko

bm
March 8, 2011, 6:56:57 PM
FFMpeg: Apologies. You did nothing wrong. I had set The Unarchiver to always extract into a new folder.

VoiceBase: After a little searching, here's the bug I hit: Xcode4 doesn't install the SDKs for anything except 10.6, now. And, libcrypto.0.97 in the 10.6 SDK has LC_SUB_CLIENT set on it to prevent linking to it directly. It's not a big deal, I can flip it manually.

ref: http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2009/Sep/msg00509.html

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh