Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> error while calling
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Maxim
September 26, 2011, 9:30:11 PM
when i try to call, it showed the following message

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.MrGeckosMedia.VoiceBase.Call error 1.)

how to fix it?

Mr. Gecko
September 26, 2011, 9:56:25 PM
Which version do you have? I have fixed these issues in 0.2.1.

maxim
September 26, 2011, 10:06:33 PM
it is 0.2.1(01a5d8a)

Dave Collins
September 30, 2011, 7:18:05 PM
I'm having the same problem, too. It logs in fine but I can't call out. Don't know if my being in Canada has anything to do with it. Thanks.

Mr. Gecko
September 30, 2011, 11:11:33 PM
Try this version, run in terminal and send me an email with the debug information.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/610721/VoiceMacD.zip

Open terminal by going to spotlight (top right of screen) and searching for terminal.
Right click on the VoiceMac you downloaded and choose show package contents.
Go into Contents/MacOS and drag the VoiceMac file in there to terminal.
Push return.

crucible
October 4, 2011, 2:23:08 AM
same problem, latest version, confirmed. I get the MrGecko error also.

jospo
October 7, 2011, 9:21:03 AM
I have the same issue here. When testing with debug version, I see in terminal following error message: "2011-10-07 11:19:47.766 VoiceMac[18639:b03] MGMContacts Group Error: (null)"

Mr. Gecko
October 7, 2011, 2:31:08 PM
That error occurs when you use Google Contacts as their API never worked for me whenever I tried using it. From what I understand, this error for the calls not being able to be completed happens whenever you place a call using your Google Chat account. I do not know if you have to do anything special or not to make that work, but Google Voice is a Phone forwarding service, not a call from computer service and many people get this confused. If you want to call from your computer, you have to setup some VOIP service and get a phone number to place on your Google Voice account so you can tell it to call that VOIP Number and complete the call when you answer. I recommend using a SIP Provider as VoiceMac has that built into it and you can use it as if it is call from computer as it'll automatically answer.

Matthew
October 18, 2011, 10:19:03 PM
I have the same problem with the error:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.MrGeckosMedia.VoiceBase.Call error 1.)

I have a Mac OS v10.
I tried the file from Mr. Gecko on Sept. 30, 2011. I drag VoiceMac into Terminal. Program opens properly and nothing is displayed in Terminal. Call continue to fail.

Mr. Gecko
October 18, 2011, 10:37:15 PM
Matthew: In the phone to ring, do you see an email address or a phone number?

Example:

If you see an email address, as I said... You must have VoiceMac call a real phone number and connect you to your call. This is not Gmail call phone, this is Google Voice.

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh