Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> How do you turn off sending anonymous usage statistics
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Marc
October 21, 2011, 2:59:37 AM
When Voicemac asked if I would like to automaically check for updates there was a checkbox at the bottom already selected with another question asking if I wanted to send anonymous usage information. While I did select check automatically for updates I click on ok before fully reading or even noticing the other question about the usage. I do not see any settings in the software to turn this off now that is has been turned on. How do you turn this off? Thanks for the help.

Mr. Gecko
October 21, 2011, 12:47:44 PM
You'll have to know plist editing. You can also remove the plist.

Run the following in terminal.
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.MrGeckosMedia.VoiceMac.plist

All that VoiceMac will send is your computer's information such as CPU type, computer type, and operating system. Nothing that can identify you, it just helps me to understand if I should still support something and make choices as to what I should do in the future.

It is not usage of VoiceMac at all... Just statistical information of the machine and it is anonymous.

Marc
October 29, 2011, 3:17:56 AM
ok thanks for the information. I was not sure if it included any Voicemac usage, good to know. Changing the status of this option should be somewhere in the preferences. As a rule you always want the user to be able to change the configuration of software if they have made a mistake during the configuration or for testing. Great software! and thanks for your quick response.

Mr. Gecko
October 29, 2011, 1:34:33 PM
It's possible for me to add it, however it is not apart of VoiceMac's code as it belongs to sparkle (http://sparkle.andymatuschak.org/)

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh