Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Downloading Themes
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Odd
June 4, 2012, 6:45:29 PM
When I download a theme, it goes to the task manager, but then I cannot figure out how to install it. When I click the 'Theme' drop down list, the only one listed is 'Bubbles'.

How do I use a new theme?

Mr. Gecko
June 5, 2012, 3:18:23 PM
The theme should have appeared in the list after the download was finished. Check ~/Library/Application Support/MrGeckosMedia/VoiceMac/themes to see if it's in there.

Odd
June 5, 2012, 3:59:09 PM
I don't have a MrGeckosMedia folder..

Mr. Gecko
June 5, 2012, 6:08:10 PM
Something is wrong with it not creating the folder than. Try creating those 2 folders and than re-downloading the theme. (MrGeckosMedia and VoiceMac within it.)

Hagure
September 5, 2012, 8:22:44 PM
While I do have the required support folders, upon downloading a theme (Skype for example), a "Skype_Theme.vmt.zip.vmtask" is created. Upon completion, The "Skype_Theme.vmt.zip" appears for a split second, then disappears, leaving the SMS Themes ƒ empty.

Mr. Gecko
September 6, 2012, 12:20:20 PM
Look into ~/Library/Application Support/MrGeckosMedia/VoiceMac/themes and see if it exists there.

Alex
October 13, 2012, 2:07:52 AM
I am having the same problem. The folder ~/Library/Application Support/MrGeckosMedia/VoiceMac/SMS Themes exists, but it is empty. Mountain Lion

Wil
October 24, 2012, 6:27:42 AM
I'm having the same issue with both SMS Themes and Sounds. The Task Manager windows shows the download happening, a file(directory?) with an appropriate looking name appears in the folder, and then it disappears immediately.

I tried using an ACL at the filesystem level to deny myself delete permissions in the directory, but it didn't work. An "Adam West Ringtones.vms.zip.vmtask" directory was created with what looked to be a zero-byte temporary file in it, but it never created a zipfile.

Hagure
October 31, 2012, 1:49:34 AM
Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing as Wil. It would appear whatever process the app is using to install the addon isn't working, and by subsequently deleting the file after it "installs", we are unable to install it manually.

Cliff
March 6, 2013, 12:50:52 AM
We all seem to be experiencing the same issue when downloading extra themes - they download quickly to the (~/Library/Application Support/MrGeckosMedia/VoiceMac/SMS Themes) folder, but just as quickly disappear! I've tried exiting out of VoiceMac, deleting the (MrGeckosMedia) directory, relaunched VoiceMac - the (MrGeckosMedia) directory gets recreated, and again the downloaded extra themes disappear. I've watched it happen while having the (SMS Themes) folder open. It happens so quickly that there isn't time to copy, or drag either the Skype_Theme.vmt nor the Outsanity.vmt out of the directory . . .
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh