Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> G-711 mu-law codec
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Chris
July 31, 2013, 8:55:14 PM
callcentric requires this, or G.729. Can you add support for these?

Mr. Gecko
August 1, 2013, 1:29:37 PM
The backend for VoiceMac is PJSIP, https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=PJSIP%20g729.

VoiceMac is Open Source at http://opensource.mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceBase/Mac/Mob.

I do not know if I will add this in myself, but there is the option for you to add it.

Chris
August 2, 2013, 5:53:46 PM
OK, little out of my depth!
But.
I checked the PJSIP faq - and it appears that they support G.711 out of the box. A little more digging, and I think that G.&11 is the PCMU/8000 codec in VoiceMac. Unfortunately, whenver I try to select a codec in VoiceMac - it crashes.

Additional question - is there any way to select where the recorded calls file is saved? If not, where does it go?

Mr. Gecko
August 2, 2013, 5:58:54 PM
Apparently I forgot to add the option for where to save recorded calls. Recorded calls are placed on the desktop.

The crash seems to be an easy fix. Previous versions of PJSIP allowed me to set something on the thread I was setting from, but the newer version wants me to registrar it.

All that you're selecting is the Top Codec. Meaning the codec that you prefer, not the codec which will be used. It normally would work it out with the server to see what the server offers as well as what you have available and select the right codec.

VoiceMac has G722 enabled, but not G711 or G729. If you don't know how to compile code, I'll look into getting those two codecs enabled in my build and see if I can fix that thread issue when I get home.

Chris Bone
August 2, 2013, 6:37:28 PM
Surely would appreciate that!
I found another SIP client - Jitsu - that allowed me to disable/enable codecs, and I disabled everything except PCMU/8000 - and it works with callcentric

Mr. Gecko
August 3, 2013, 10:26:56 AM
On my quest to get these codecs included. It seems the G729 codec is made by Intel and is included in the commercial product called Intel IPP. It's compatible with PJSIP, but commercial is far from what I'm wanting to do with VoiceMac. It looks like I can get G711 included easily. Looks like I just don't have it linked/registered.

I'm compiling PJSIP now, and will look at what needs to be linked now. I'll also look at how to registrar the main thread with PJSIP so it doesn't crash when choosing the top codec. I'll also look at codec priority/disabling codecs. May have to add a new UI to managing codecs.

Mr. Gecko
August 3, 2013, 1:50:26 PM
Try this one https://u.webra.in/VoiceMac.

I added ability to disable/change priority of every codec as well as some other codecs.

Chris Bone
August 6, 2013, 1:15:18 AM
That was a very quick turnaround! Thank you - have a beer on me!

I did not get much time to try this version yet, but it is still not working for me. But, I think the problem might be on my side! I CAN call the callcentric test numbers and hear them.

Donald Smith
November 1, 2013, 6:10:03 AM
Hi Mr. Gecko,

I have a g4 10.5.8 system with VoiceMac 0.4.1.

If I clicked the button of "Edit Codecs Priority", the list of codecs and priority poped up. You can change the priority, but it will not save it.

Is it normal?

Thanks,
Donald

Mr. Gecko
November 1, 2013, 1:29:04 PM
I don't have these issues. Can you email me or start a new thread for your issue? People who previously posted here are getting these updates and probably will be annoyed with us talking about an issue they don't have.

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh