Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Voice Mac - what the ???? is this supposed to do?
Delete Thread
Page First 1 2 Last

meatsoda
August 25, 2009, 12:25:44 AM
The app crashes when try to do something as simple as change preference settings. The call button doesn't actually call, and SMS doesn't send messages. Other than that, it does a nice job of reading my contact list. So what's the next step or what am I missing?

Christian
August 25, 2009, 12:27:35 AM
I also don't understand the call button. It goes green for a while when I press it while having a contact number selected, I don't hear anything, and then it goes red.

What is the purpose?

Mr. Gecko
August 25, 2009, 12:36:35 AM
This happens alot, the problem is that I have only 3 computers with 3 different settings and there are hundreds of computers out there that has hundreds of different settings and with each computer I can't test each and every possible thing. The best thing is for you guys to tell me the problem and I try and figure it out.
The call button when you push it it should first tell google that you want to call someone. Once it does that, it turns red as a cancel button. It calls the phone you had selected, and calls the number that you typed in or selected in the contact list.

xTreme Machinez
August 25, 2009, 12:46:19 AM
Also keep in mind that if you want to send and receive calls on your computer alone, you need to get Gizmo. I just wanted to put that out there so people can use that alongside your Voice Mac.

meatsoda
August 25, 2009, 3:16:31 AM
xTreme Machinez - Are you saying this app requires Gizmo to be running?

Mr Gecko - I'm using a clean retail build of 10.5.8. When I enter a number and press the call button it turns red and that is it. When I try the SMS button, I enter text and nothing happens either. Does you app generate an error log that I can send you?

Mr. Gecko
August 25, 2009, 3:27:34 AM
I have one other person saying that SMS isn't working. An error log might be a good idea, or I could write a program that runs it in debug mode so that you can see the bugs and send them to me.
And Xtreme Machinez is trying to tell you that you can use Gizmo as a phone with Voice Mac and Google Voice. You don't need it unless you want to be able to receive calls on your mac. I'm eventually am going to integrate Gizmo in Voice Mac with Caller ID.

meatsoda
August 25, 2009, 3:27:41 AM
There is a .hang report, but it's empty

xTreme Machinez
August 25, 2009, 3:40:16 AM
Only if you want to make calls from your computer and receive them on you computer. If you just want everything to go to your cell phone you do not need Gizmo at all. (I hope I am not letting the cat out of the bag) I think Mr.Gecko mentioned a future version of Voice Mac that will not require Gizmo to be running but don't quote me on that.

Mr. Gecko
August 25, 2009, 3:44:08 AM
No, I'm not going to be requiring Gizmo, but it'll be an option to have your Gizmo account so you can pick up calls and make calls using Voice Mac.

Mr. Gecko
August 25, 2009, 5:19:02 AM
I just finished my debug application, Download this and send me what the result is.

http://mrgeckosmedia.com/VMDebug.zip

Page First 1 2 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh