Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Memory leak?
Delete Thread
Page First 1 2 Last

iHarley
October 26, 2009, 1:16:42 AM
When I start up Voice Mac it takes up less than 30 megs of RAM. I tend to leave it on all day, and will often see it's run up to over 1,000 megs of RAM.Thoughts?

Mr. Gecko
October 26, 2009, 1:21:50 AM
Voice Mac is still in beta, I tried to get rid of as many leaks as I can, but of course you can't get rid of every leak existing. I think the leak your seeing is with my connection manager, I'll be sure to look through it and remove it as good as I can.

iHarley
October 26, 2009, 1:29:38 AM
I'm sorry. I should have started with thanking you for making a very useful piece of software.

radiodialer
November 16, 2009, 8:09:28 PM
Yeah - I have the same problem, just posted elsewhere. I have 5000 contacts so do not know if that is the issue. but I use over a gig of real ram.

theblindman
November 17, 2009, 7:57:27 PM
I can corroborate this exact issue. Roughly 1000 megs of memory gone after running for 6 hours. I have 300 contacts.

radiodialer
November 18, 2009, 4:30:07 PM
yeah... it just grows and grows... I cannot use the program because of this. Too bad because if it weren't for this, it would be exactly what I want.

radiodialer
November 18, 2009, 4:30:50 PM
yeah... it just grows and grows... I cannot use the program because of this. Too bad because if it weren't for this, it would be exactly what I want.

Radiodialer
November 29, 2009, 7:01:22 PM
Mr. Gecko - has there been any thought given to when you might be taking a look at fixing this problem? Apparently I am not alone with regard to the memory issue. The memory issue basically renders the program useless.

Mr. Gecko
November 29, 2009, 7:06:02 PM
I plain on working on it after I'm done with YouView 0.5 and I don't know exactly how to get rid of the leak, but I was able to make it a bit smaller after I fixed the calling issue. I think this leak is in cocoa it self and I can't fix it, but I'll keep trying after I'm done with YouView.

Duane Williams
December 9, 2009, 8:00:57 PM
You can watch the memory grow continuously in Activity Monitor. It's a fatal error (eventually). If it's a Cocoa bug, then it should be reported to Apple, although there are apparently a lot of Cocoa apps that don't exhibit this behavior.

Page First 1 2 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh