Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> CPU Usage
Delete Thread
Page First 1 2 Last

radiodialer
January 10, 2010, 7:30:56 PM
I am looking at this and my concern is that, after you unzip the file, the date on the file shows November. Is that a problem?

Mr. Gecko
January 10, 2010, 7:35:35 PM
try clearing your cache, sometimes your browser remembers the last time you downloaded a file and downloads from the cache. If not, then it should be the new version.

radiodialer
January 10, 2010, 10:52:12 PM
No, I do not think that is the problem, and this version definitely still has the memory leak. If there is a beta, please pass it to me. If it has a distinct different name, that will be useful.

Mr. Gecko
January 10, 2010, 11:18:46 PM
http://mrgeckosmedia.net/VoiceMac.zip

radiodialer
January 11, 2010, 3:45:22 AM
Mr. Gecko .... Now we are getting somewhere. This apparently fixes the the leak. Very good and many thanks.

Some other "issues" - would it be possible to have Google Contacts retrieved ONLY after filling the search string in the search field and hitting return? I have 5000 contacts and the lookup even with the download to local is slow because a search is done after each character input. Is it possible to have an option so that is not done like that?

Also is it possible to have it settable to when your program will look for messages? Like 30 seconds 60 seconds, or even can disable it?

Mr. Gecko
January 11, 2010, 3:51:06 AM
Yes, I will be adding it. And I am going to be looking into a way to not do the drawing of contacts until you scroll to it so that you don't have alot of pictures stored in ram for each contact.

radiodialer
January 11, 2010, 4:49:05 AM
Yes that would be great... would improve speed, be "lighter". Now that the memory leak is fixed, I will be using the program again (and wanting more features! ...
I wish there was some push mechanism for this. Growl???) I think that could be utilized.

Thanks Mr. G.

Radiodialer
January 11, 2010, 4:51:08 AM
It would also be cool if you could have a way search the entire google contact text (not just user name) not sure if that is the way that it works now.

Mr. Gecko
January 11, 2010, 4:54:10 AM
currently, it's just the name and phone number. Maybe later on I can allow more things.

Page First 1 2 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh