Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Google contacts: some missing / can I manually refresh?
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Jeff Squyres
April 27, 2010, 4:37:56 PM
On Snow Leopard, I sync my Address Book with Google Contacts; the two are identical.

1. However, if I flip between Google Contacts and Addresbook in the Voice Mac prefs, the two lists that show up in Voice Mac are different. The Addressbook VM list seems complete, but the Google Contacts VM list seems to be missing entries.

Additionally, when VM is using the Google Contacts list, there's a whole bunch of phone numbers at the bottom of my VM list that have no names associated with them. I can't seem to find any of those phone numbers in either Addressbook or Google Contacts (which is not surprising, since they're the same). The phone numbers look pretty random -- almost like they're uninitialized memory...? Here's one example:

+312048548882673645474 mobile

2. Additionally, is there a way to force VM to refresh its Google Contacts list? Or does it just read them in when it starts up?

Thanks!

Mr. Gecko
April 27, 2010, 4:41:00 PM
The google contacts are gotten from the html of google voice, they also include some phone numbers that have called you or you called them that has no name. I am in the next beta release going to have it get the contacts differently, but right now that's how it is.

Jeff Squyres
April 27, 2010, 4:49:32 PM
Fair enough; thanks!

FWIW, I have noticed that at least some of the missing entries have special characters in them, like single quote ('), e.g., "AP's Smith". But others are just normal entries, "Hydro Irrigation".

The random numbers with no names are definitely not numbers that I have dialed manually with GV (e.g., I don't even know if "+312048548882673645474" is a real phone number). There's lots of really long phone numbers that don't look normal in the list.

I'd be happy to send a screenshot / screencast to show you, if it would help.

Thanks again!

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh