Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Feature req: "X" button in search box
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Jeff Squyres
April 28, 2010, 8:46:34 PM
It would be nice if the contacts search box would have an "X" in the right hand side, similar to Mail.app.

In Mail.app, if you type in their search box, an "x" button appears in the right hand side. If you click the "x", it erases the contents of the search box. It's quite handy.

Thanks!

Mr. Gecko
April 28, 2010, 8:51:05 PM
I had many requests like that and I cam promise you that it will. I just didn't think about that when I first made it, I was busy trying to get it to work with sms as that's the key feature for me.

Jeff Squyres
April 28, 2010, 9:12:46 PM
Exxxcellent. Thanks!

Mr. Gecko
September 10, 2010, 4:47:02 PM
I added this at http://mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceMac.zip

TeuFel
October 3, 2010, 9:47:11 PM
Could you make it so the 'X' is not there unless some text is present? By default, the Apple UI hides things if you don't need them.

You can move the function that draws the instance of the X button to be called when text is present (and sorting contacts begins)
The X disappears when it is clicked (effectively clearing the text) or when no text is present.

This change will clean up the UI while retaining that functionality.

Mr. Gecko
October 3, 2010, 10:19:49 PM
The "hack" I did to make it have the x button is a bit complicated, I have no idea why sometimes it will stop blinking the pointer when you delete the last character and I thought that was a cause of the X checking to see if there is any text and what not to hide it, but I recently discovered it wasn't and I guess I can add back in the auto hide function now that I know that bug isn't with me hiding the x... If someone can figure out the bug with that for me, that'll be great. I'll add the auto hide today.

Mr. Gecko
October 5, 2010, 9:13:56 PM
Sorry that I took to long to get it done (One line, done) I had lots of stuff that I was doing and I finally got time to do it, yes write the one line. http://mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceMac.zip

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh