Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Calling/SMSing non-contact phone numbers
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Jeff Squyres
April 28, 2010, 9:16:34 PM
Is it possible to call/SMS a phone number that is not in your contacts list (similar to how you can enter any random phone number in the "Call" button on the GV web page)?

I noticed that if I paste a non-contact phone number into the contact search box (e.g., I want to call business X, so I copy-n-paste X's phone number from a web page lookup into the VM contact box) and hit enter, it actually calls the first contact in my list. It doesn't call the number that I pasted in, nor does it remove all contacts that don't match that phone number from the list (which would be all of them, actually).

This behavior surprised me -- is it intended?

As always -- thanks for your work on VM!

Mr. Gecko
April 28, 2010, 9:21:19 PM
Hmm, you must have some contacts that almost matches that number, if you hit the call button instead of return it should work. I'll look into that code later and try and fix the return behavior.

Jeff Squyres
April 28, 2010, 9:30:17 PM
The number I'm pasting in is (502) 245-xxxx. The first contact I have is "Aaron F. / (503) 327-xxx".

If I paste in a number and click the call button, it calls the first contact (Aaron).

Ahh.... I see. If I *type* in the number and click the call button/hit enter, it calls that number. But if I *paste* in that number and click call/hit enter, it calls the first contact.

There must be some kind of difference between typing and pasting...?

Mr. Gecko
April 28, 2010, 9:32:59 PM
I would guess so, I'll look into updating when you paste.

Mr. Gecko
July 16, 2010, 1:51:47 PM
I have fixed this at http://mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceMac.zip

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh