Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Contacts with just business names
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Jeff Squyres
August 23, 2010, 6:44:17 PM
I have a bunch of contacts in my Mac Addressbook that are businesses -- I have the "Company" checkbox enabled and I have a name typed in the "Company" text box.

Using the Snow Leopard Google contacts sync functionality, these contacts also appear in my gmail contacts. This means that I should get exactly the same list of contacts in VM, regardless of whether I use the addressbook or google contacts preference setting.

When I use the addressbook preference in VM, every contact shows up as it should.

But when I use "google contacts" in the VM preferences, all the company contacts show up as just phone numbers with no names.

Can they be adjusted to be treated the same between addressbook and google contacts?

Thanks!

Mr. Gecko
August 24, 2010, 1:34:22 PM
Hello, I am currently reworking Voice Mac from the ground up and the contacts are a major redo with a SQLite based contact system that only loads contacts being displayed and it should work with your google contacts with company names and stuff like that. You can download the latest beta at http://mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceMacVB.zip. I do not have SMS working right now but I am currently working on it.

To get contacts from google currently. You have to follow these instructions.
1. Go into ~/Library/Applications Support/MrGeckosMedia/Voice Mac/Users.
2. Open the *.plist file for your account.
3. Set the value for MGMContactsSource to MGMGoogleContacts.
4. Save.
5. Restart Voice Mac.

After that it should get the contacts from Google. I plan to release this version into Open Source for people who wants to know how it works and for people who wants to help me out with improving it.

Hope this helps you,
Mr. Gecko

Jeff Squyres
August 24, 2010, 6:09:28 PM
Nice!

Fall is my traditionally-busy-time at work, so I don't know if I'll be able to look at the code much until December or so, but I'm definitely interested. :-)

Thanks!

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh