Forum Index -> Exhaust -> Questions
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Gordon C. Griswold
August 24, 2010, 3:18:06 PM
1. How can I get Exhaust to run an Apple Script as an application?

2. I'd like Exhaust to terminate automatically after it finished with my Login Items. Thanks.

Mr. Gecko
August 24, 2010, 3:21:14 PM
1. Save the AppleScript as an application or use the applescript command to run applescript.

2. Exhaust runs all the time because when you logout it makes sure that no applications has been added to the login items before it quits. As far as I'm aware there is no leaks and it is set to release the items after it starts them up. I don't usually check for leaks as it can take hours, but I know memory management and from my knowledge it doesn't leak.

Gordon Griswold
August 24, 2010, 4:09:19 PM
Hi Mr. G

Thanks for your quick response. I found that the following works well for my purposes:

tell application "Finder"
quit application "Exhaust"
end tell

I saved it as an Application and Exhaust runs it without any problem.

Ahmed
September 20, 2012, 1:10:42 AM
What are some scenarios in which you use the "Wait for Previous" feature?

Mr. Gecko
September 20, 2012, 12:23:16 PM
Wait for Previous will wait for the application above it to launch. This could be used when re-ordering menu items on the menu bar.

Gene Keats
February 21, 2013, 11:43:37 AM
I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on a 64-bit iMac and iTunes will not launch from Exhaust. A warning dialog pops up "Running iTunes in 64-bit mode requires OS X 10.7 or later." Incidentally the same warning appears when attempting to run the iTunes "command" from the command line.

iTunes runs as it should when launching iTunes normally or adding iTunes to Login Items directly.

Mr. Gecko
February 21, 2013, 11:48:44 AM
This is a new issue. I do not have the ability to move to a new thread, so I'll just mark my response.

The only way I can think to fix this is to change the way I'm launching applications itself at startup to use launch services (if I remember correctly). I will put it on my todo list and try to fix it next time I'm in exhaust.

Gene Keats
February 21, 2013, 11:58:13 AM
Thank you, Mr. Gecko. I made the mistake of starting a new question here. Sorry about that.

Gene Keats
February 21, 2013, 12:03:43 PM
Creating an AppleScript launch wrapper for iTunes seems to have solved the immediate problem.

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh