Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Sidebar disappears never to be seen again
Delete Thread
Page First 1 2 Last

Jackson
September 24, 2010, 2:42:40 AM
I recently emailed support about a bug where I try to reside the sidebar of the SMS message window where different contacts are grouped together, and it disappears never to be seen again.

This bug can be fixed by typing the following command in the Terminal:

defaults remove com.MrGeckosMedia.VoiceMac "NSSplitView Subview Frames SMSSplitView"

It can also be fixed by trashing the preferences, but the terminal command is a better solution because you won't lose all of your other profs.

Kathryn
September 26, 2010, 6:55:58 PM
While this does bring the sidebar back, I am still unable to resize it. It disappears evry time and I have to reapply the code in the terminal window.

Mr. Gecko
September 26, 2010, 11:19:43 PM
The calculations I do for resizing the side bar is very complicated and it depends heavily on the fact that it's resize thing doesn't get called unless you resize the window, if the OS calls it while it's not resizing the window, it may do what you are encountering. I do not know if it is the case that it is, but that is my best idea. My operating system doesn't call it unless the window is resizing. What OS are you running?

Jeffrey Carpenter
September 27, 2010, 10:42:32 PM
Thank you much.

B Smith
November 22, 2010, 4:53:08 PM
didn't work for me. OS X 10.6.4

Mr. Gecko
November 22, 2010, 5:31:24 PM
You need to quit for it to take effect.

B Smith
November 22, 2010, 8:06:41 PM
I ran the command then launched the program. I have quit and relaunched with no success. I then quit, reran the command, launched and no success.

Mr. Gecko
November 22, 2010, 10:29:32 PM
killall VoiceMac
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.MrGeckosMedia.VoiceMac.plist

Run the bold text above in terminal and it should work.

Lazar
January 27, 2011, 5:07:46 PM
Thanks very much guys. same issue for me, and the first solution from Jackson worked perfectly with a relaunch.

Tim
February 4, 2011, 5:05:44 AM
thanks that first solution worked great!

Page First 1 2 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh