Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Echo during call and other questions...
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Larry P
October 8, 2010, 12:06:24 AM
Hi Mr.Gecko,
First, what a GREAT program !!!

I have few problems, here it goes:

1. Echo. People are complaining of very annoying echo during conversation. Echo cancellation IS CHECKED in Preferences/SIP Options/Sound. When I use headphones echo disappears.
Also, on the same tab, what does 'Voice Activity Detection' actually do?

2. Dialpad. Sometimes it takes several presses to actually send DTMF, but simetimes works OK. What gives?
Also, it would be GREAT to actually hear DTMF tones during clicking a key on the dialpad.

3. The sound is sometimes breaking up during conversation. (I have a very fast internet connection, other SIP clients don't experience the same problem).

4. Are you planing on incorporating the 'newest' google's 'call phone' feature in gmail? Basically the functionality of the newest google voice/gmail plugin that allows you to place free outgoing calls directly from google voice instead of having to use a SIP service (gizmo, sipgate, etc.) as google voice 'forwarding number' in order for VoiceMac to work for both, incoming and outgoing calls.
(Hope this question makes sense).

Again, Mr.Gecko, thank you VERY MUCH for an outstanding piece of software and all your work and effort.

Larry P.

Larry P
October 8, 2010, 12:10:37 AM
Regarding my question number 4, here is what I was referring to:

http://www.google.com/chat/voice/

Mr. Gecko
October 8, 2010, 4:51:49 PM
The echo cancelation appears to not work exactly as expected from pjproject, and I don't have control over that. If you want to help me figure it out, the code is at http://opensource.mrgeckosmedia.com/.

I was planing to have the tone go through the speakers as well, but I didn't have the time to figure that out, and I am using what the library does to send the tone, so if there is a problem, it is with the library.

The quality is probably something with the library as well, I haven't experienced any problems, but I only ever tested with my self. This library seems to have lots of problems, I am thinking of looking into different versions to see if they do not have the problems i have been encountering.

The google call feature is intact a temporary sip user that it logs into to call, if someone was to reverse it to get the credentials, I'm sure we can add it in.

Sorry if my reply has some mistakes, I'm currently not at home and I'm using my iPod. The current project I'm working on is a port of VoiceMac to the ios platform.

Mr. Gecko
October 12, 2010, 5:41:09 AM
Added DTMF fixes and fixed some issues placing a call using SIP and Google Voice at http://mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceMac.zip.

Rommel
October 16, 2010, 5:25:25 PM
im experianing echo also. but i think it's feedback from my MBP. They don't hear echo when im using my headphone.

"Sorry if my reply has some mistakes, I'm currently not at home and I'm using my iPod. The current project I'm working on is a port of VoiceMac to the ios platform."

+1 !!

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh