Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> How to call from computer
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

Brett
October 16, 2010, 5:46:27 PM
How do I setup the SIP so I can use googlevoice to call form my computer on voicemac?

Mr. Gecko
October 17, 2010, 12:47:08 AM
You need a SIP account. I am using a provider that doesn't exist anymore, so you'll have to Google to find one that does exist.

Shawn Rutledge
November 4, 2010, 8:08:29 PM
It would be better if VoiceMac could directly make calls via GoogleVoice. That's what I was looking for when I found VoiceMac - a way to escape the need for the browser. Lately gmail has been logging me out once a week even if I'm in the middle of a call, which is annoying - the call ends and it takes a couple minutes to sign back in and dial again.

There is the Google Talk NPAPI plugin, maybe VoiceMac can use it the same way a browser would use it? Or maybe there is a better way. It should end up working something like the Google Voice app on Android phones I guess (although I don't have one so I haven't actually tried it).

Mr. Gecko
November 4, 2010, 8:11:14 PM
The thing gmail uses is SIP, so if someone can go and find out how it gets the details and all, you can use the data I collected at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/610721/gmail.zip

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh