Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Error: Keychain not found
Delete Thread
Page First 1 Last

bianca
December 4, 2010, 8:39:43 PM
After downloading VoiceMac on my G5 PPC running 10.4.11, I get this error every time I try to login during initial setup:

"A keychain cannot be found to store "f9ff3e4d8e29529502b97212dce6563.""

After pressing "cancel" or "reset to defaults," the installation still tries to check my credentials and then tells me that there is a Credentials Error (complete with spelling errors):

"Unable to set up your Google Voice account, the error we receviced was "Unable to login. Please check your Credentials." Please go back and correct the problem."

I have not had an error using Google Voice in Gmail on other computers but I do know that it is not compatible with PPC macs. Is this an issue with VoiceMac as well?

Thanks.

Mr. Gecko
December 4, 2010, 8:48:50 PM
It looks like as if you don't have a keychain setup on your Mac. Try checking keychain utility in /Applications/Utilities/ and see if you have a login keychain. The reason VoiceMac uses the keychain is to keep your passwords safe as the keychain Is encrypted with your login password.

Bianca
December 4, 2010, 9:26:33 PM
Is there a way to use VoiceMac without having a keychain? I bought my computer years ago from the IT department at my old job and I have never been able to unlock keychain access.

Mr. Gecko
December 4, 2010, 10:15:33 PM
You can delete the keychain and make a new one. In keychain access select the login keychain and from the file menu delete it. From the file menu choose file and new keychain, name it login, inter your login password. After that, it should all work.

Page First 1 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh