Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Two-Step Verification Support
Delete Thread
Page First 1 2 3 Last

Dave
September 27, 2010, 10:19:18 PM
Currently, VoiceMac doesn't support Google's new two-step verification (http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=175197). The first step work, but the code in Classes/VoiceBase/MGMInstance.m isn't expecting the page in response and the incorrect error message "Your Google Account does not appear to have a Google Number, please visit voice.google.com and setup one before continuing" is displayed.

It looks like some code needs to be added at line 315 in MGMInstance.m to check for and fill in the second page returned and an additional UI screen added to request the verification code from the user. I'm willing to work on it, but I don't do much OS X programming.

Yes, I can turn off two-step verification or use an access code, but it'd be nice to code the more elegant solution. Can someone assist or get me started?

Dave

Mr. Gecko
September 27, 2010, 10:31:44 PM
I am currently working on an iPhone port, after I get the port to an working state, I'll work on this.

Mike D
December 11, 2010, 8:59:53 AM
I would also very much like an update to the app that allows those of us who use two-step verification to still be able to use the app....

and strangely, I tried logging in using an access code I generated specifically for VoiceMac, but it doesn't work!

Any tweaks you can do to make this work would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Sang
March 1, 2011, 10:35:38 PM
I'd like an update on this as well. I just found the app and want to try it, but can't use it b/c i'm using two-factor..

Mr. Gecko
March 18, 2011, 2:02:43 AM
I have updated to support this at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/610721/VoiceMac.zip. I am not going to update the source code until I figure out why the iPhone version of PJSIP is causing a problem with codecs.

Sonny J Lewis
March 23, 2011, 8:07:32 PM
Still doesn't work with the two-step. Using the account password advises as much, and using the access code, I get a "check your credentials" error. Will be glad when you get it implemented, I think it would be a great program then!

Mr. Gecko
March 23, 2011, 9:12:13 PM
It is implemented. I have tested it with my account and the iPhone app for verifying. If it is not working for you, would you like to help debug it? Are you sure you deleted the old version which didn't support it?

Sang
March 23, 2011, 9:43:55 PM
didn't work for me either. it worked with app specific password if I just add Google Contact but if i try to add google voice and contact, it fails. when i use app specific it got "Unable to login. Please check your credentials." when I use my google password it got "Unable to login. The application does not implement with 2 step verification."

Mr. Gecko
March 23, 2011, 9:46:11 PM
Weird, because that message only pops up when the application doesn't implement it... I may have to rebuild it. If you want to rebuild, just download the source from http://opensource.mrgeckosmedia.com/VoiceMac

James
March 24, 2011, 11:49:23 PM
I'm not technically savvy enough to rebuild from the source code, but I would love to get 2 step authorization working on VoiceMac.

Thanks,

James

Page First 1 2 3 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh