Forum Index -> VoiceMac -> Two-Step Verification Support
Delete Thread
Page First 1 2 3 Last

Josh
March 27, 2011, 1:49:43 AM
I built the app from source this evening. I'm still not able to connect with 2 factor authentication.

Mr. Gecko
March 27, 2011, 2:19:30 AM
I just realized I forgot to add the verifier to the account setup, sorry about that. Fix is now at http://u.webra.in/VM.

Josh
March 27, 2011, 2:24:04 AM
Now we're in business. Thanks!

Sonny J Lewis
March 27, 2011, 8:29:38 PM
after uninstalling all versions, and then reinstalling the update from March 17, it works fine using 2-step auth.
Thanks!

JRB
June 19, 2011, 5:16:01 PM
I've uninstalled all old versions and downloaded and installed the Beta above, but It still doesn't work for me with two-step verification. It says "Unable to Login. Please check your credentials".

This is a Google Apps account, if that makes a difference. Is there anything else I need to try?

Mr. Gecko
June 19, 2011, 5:33:51 PM
You cannot use an application password as VoiceMac isn't an application to google. VoiceMac acts as a browser as there is no API's existing. To setup a user with 2 step verification, follow the following steps.

1. Open the add account and select a Google Voice account.
2. Enter your username and password for the account.
3. Push continue and it'll verify with Google and if it's 2 Step Verification (which your saying it is), it should open a window asking for the code from your iPhone (haven't tested with texting as I don't have a cell phone).

If you want to use the Google Contacts with an account that has 2 step verification, you'll need to setup an application password as I use the API's with Google for this part. You do the following.

1. Delete the current Google Contacts account added with the Google Voice account (I will be sure in a later version to not add the Google Contacts if it's 2 step).
2. Open add account and select Google Contacts.
3. Enter your username and application password.
4. Click continue and your done.

Hopefully this clarifies things more for you. Until Google provides APIs to people like me, this is how it will be.

JRB
June 19, 2011, 11:14:43 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! That was my issue. It worked perfectly with the popup for the verification code.

James
July 6, 2011, 7:29:57 PM
The VoiceMac beta stopped working for me (with 2 step auth) when it had worked previously.

I'm getting the error where it thinks I don't have a Google Voice account.

I'm in the US and have tried the latest beta from the VoiceMac application page.

I've tried both my Google Apps password (no verification prompt occurs) and an application specific password.

Neither works.

Please help.

Thanks,

James

Mr. Gecko
July 6, 2011, 9:21:47 PM
I've noticed this as well, I'm going to have to debug soon, but from what I can understand there may be a cookie redirect somewhere... Thanks for confirming my suspicion that it wasn't me only.

James
July 6, 2011, 9:30:11 PM
Is VoiceMac impacted at all by how my browsers are logged into Google? I ask because this has occurred after I joined Google+ where I'm logged into both my Google Apps account and my regular Google Account.

I'll log out of both and see if it impacts VoiceMac, but I thought I'd share/ask.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Page First 1 2 3 Last
Name:
Email Address:
verify
Refresh